WE ARE AN EARLY CHILDHOOD TO 12TH GRADE AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- Offering students the advantages of five decades of tradition of excellence in schooling and English language instruction.
- Enrolling 780 students from 30 countries.
- Committed to over 150 of our youngest children in our Early Childhood program through discovery, play and language development.
- Counting over 200 students in our Elementary School that is well integrated and offers students a chance to learn and build confidence.
- Registering 230 Middle Schoolers who are given the chance to test their wings at a time in their lives when challenge and support make a vital difference.
- Enrolling 200 High School students in a college preparatory program of exceptional depth and reach—and whose graduates go on to attend colleges and universities in United States, Costa Rica and many other countries.
- Numbering over 200 faculty and staff, from United States, Costa Rica and other countries.
- Occupying a new campus (as of August 2016), settled in Alajuela, in the town of San Rafael.
- Operating with the accreditation of the Middle States Association of School and Colleges Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools and membership in the Association of American Schools in Central America, Association of South American Schools, and the TRI-Association of Mexico, Central America and Carribean Schools.
A VIBRANT COMMUNITY OF DEDICATED PEOPLE WHO ARE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS
AND TEACHERS OF OTHERS
- Graduating 41 seniors in June 2018 who have received acceptances from colleges and universities in the U.S and other countries
- Enrolling 4 Costa Rican students (in the 2017-2018 school year), with full-tuition scholarships through the Education Development Association-CDS EDA
- Extending professional development opportunities to faculty and staff
- Reaching into the Central Valley and surrounding areas with a PK-12 program of meaningful and committed community service activities, ideas and projects
- Providing a strong wireless network and educational technology services
- Commitment to the Arts through drama, concert band, choir, art studios and elective programs.
- Celebrating 54 years connected with a large network of alumni from around the world.
WITH A TRADITION OF WORKING WITH PARENTS AND ALUMNI THROUGH
- an Active Parents Association
- numerous Parent Activities (Annual Fun Run, International Fair, Buddy Family Program) and social gatherings
- thoughtful Parent Education Series
- inclusive Division Level Transition Events