Our School’s Mission reflects the deepest desires of Country Day School’s community of stakeholders for what we want the school to become—our future in terms of what we will do for our students. The mission expresses what our school community commits to doing for the benefit of our students.
Our Mission: Country Day School, a U.S. -accredited college preparatory school serving an international community, inspires a passion for learning and provides children with the skills, values, and courage to become responsible leaders in their communities and the world.
To that end, the adults at Country School Day believe that:
- Everyone does learn, albeit at different rates and in different ways.
- Educating children is the shared responsibility of the school, student, family, and the broader community.
- A safe environment supports curiosity, risk-taking, the sharing of ideas and sense of belonging.
- Students learn most effectively when provided opportunities for exploration, critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving within authentic situations.
- Achieving personal and academic excellence requires perseverance, courage, dedication, and striving for high standards.
- Effective leadership is derived out of passion, purpose, collaboration and service to community.
- Deliberate development of character and attitude is an essential part of our school’s culture and curriculum.
- Positive decision-making enhances emotional, mental, physical and social health and wellbeing.
- Professional growth occurs through dedicated time, collaboration, training, reflection, evaluation, and best practices.
- A learning community is strengthened by diversity and a willingness to improve.
By inculcating our beliefs to complete our School's mission, we believe that our students will reflect the characteristics listed in our Profile of the Graduates.