EARLY CHILDHOOD APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply to enter in Pre Kinder, Kinder and Preparatory, you will need to submit the required documentation listed below. Upon receiving all the documents, an admission test and evaluation will be scheduled for your child, as well as an interview with the applicant and his/her parents and the Early Childhood Principal. We will invite your child and you to the Sneak Peek!
To apply to enter Pre-Kinder, children have to be at least 2 years and 4 months old by August,
to Kinder: 4 years and 4 months by August,
to Preparatory: 5 years and 4 months by August.
EARLY CHILDHOOD CHECKLIST
- Application for Admissions Forms
- Complete school transcript covering at least two years (current school year and previous two, if available)
- Letter of recommendation from current teacher
- Submission of results of evaluations or special testing, if available
- Letter of financial solvency from current school
- Copy of student's birth certificate
- Copy of student's passport – identification page only
- Copy of parent's ID or passport - identification page only
- Copy of vaccination record (required by Costa Rican law)
- 1 passport or ID size photo
Note: A student admitted to the early childhood program and elementary school must demonstrate proficiency in the English language or the potential for becoming proficient. A non-English speaking student admitted to CDS will be admitted conditionally and will participate in the ELD (English Language Development) program. A student in the ELD program should not remain in the program for more than two years, after which time the student should be able to perform under the regular curriculum.