EARLY CHILDHOOD APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply to enter in Pre Kinder, Kinder and Preparatory, you will need to submit the required documentation listed below. Upon receiving all the documents, an evaluation will be scheduled for your child, as well as an interview with the parents and the Early Childhood Principal. We will invite your child and you to the Sneak Peek!
To apply to enter Pre-Kinder, children have to be at least 2 years and 4 months old by August,
to apply to enter Kinder, 4 years and 4 months by August, and
to apply to enter Preparatory, 5 years and 4 months by August.
A student admitted to the early childhood program would have to demonstrate proficiency in the English language or the potential for becoming proficient. A non-English speaking student admitted to Early Childhood will participate in the ELD (English Language Development) program.
EARLY CHILDHOOD CHECKLIST
- Complete the Online Application Form
- EC Parent Questionnaire Parent Questionnaire
- Students' report or report card, if available and submission of results of evaluations or special testing.
- A letter of recommendation from current teacher, if available
- A letter of recommendation from Country Day School parents. For families coming from outside of Costa Rica, a letter of recommendation from their employer, lawyer, respective embassy or organization or other credilbe source.
- Letter of financial solvency from current school
Once the student has completed the application process, has been admitted and will be enrolled, please submit these documents:
- Copy of student's birth certificate and copy of student's passport bio page
- Copy of parent's ID or passport bio page
- Copy of vaccination/immunization record (required by Costa Rican law)
- 1 Passport size photo