ELEMENTARY SCHOOL APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
To apply for grades 1st to 5th grade, you will need to submit the required documentation listed below. Upon receiving all the documents, an admission test will be scheduled for your child(ren) with the Elementary School counselor, and an interview with the division Principal.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHECKLIST
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Complete school transcript covering at least two years (current school year and previous two) Parents can request an official transcript to be sent directly to Country Day School. Digital copies are accepted. Official transcripts are required for the student's record.
- If available, evaluations and/or special assessment. Submission of results of standardized testing.
- Recommendation form from student's current teacher Teacher's Recommentadion Form
- A letter of recommendation from Country Day School parents. For families coming from outside of Costa Rica, a letter of recommendation from their employer, lawyer, respective embassy or organization or other credilbe source.
The school also request submissions of these documents, once the student has completed the application process, is admitted and will be enrolled in Elementary School:
- Copy of student's birth certificate
- Copy of student's passport – identification page only
- Copy of parent's ID or passport - identification page only
- Copy of vaccination record (required by Costa Rican law)
- Letter of financial solvency from current or previous school
- 1 passport or ID size photo
Note: A student admitted to Elementary School must demonstrate proficiency in the English language or the potential for becoming proficient. A non-English speaking student admitted to CDS will be admitted conditionally and will participate in the ELD (English Language Development) program. A student in the ELD program should not remain in the program for more than two years, after which time the student should be able to perform under the regular curriculum.