MIDDLE SCHOOL APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To apply to Middle School, grades 6th, 7th and 8th, you will need to submit the required documentation listed below. Upon receiving all the required documents listed in the checklist below, an admission test will be scheduled as well as an interview of the student and parents with the Middle School Principal.
ADMISSION CHECKLIST FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Complete school transcript covering at least two years (current school year and previous two). Parents should request an official transcript to be sent directly to Country Day School. Digital copies are accepted for the application process however, original official transcripts are required for the students' records.
- Submission of results of standardized or special testing.
- Recommendation forms from current counselor or Principal, Math and English teachers. Please find reccomendation forms below:
5. A letter of recommendation from Country Day School parents. For families coming from outside of Costa Rica, a letter of recommendation from their employer, lawyer, respective embassy or organization or other credilbe source.
The school also request submission of these documents, once the student has completed the application process, has been admitted and will be enrolled in Middle School:
- Copy of student's birth certificate
- Copy of student's passport – identification page only
- Copy of parent's ID or passport - identification page only
- Copy of vaccination record (required by Costa Rican law)
- Letter of financial solvency from current and / or previous school
- 1 passport or ID size photo
Admission entrance exams and student's interview will be scheduled once all required documentation has been submitted by the parents and received in the Admissions Office.
Note: There is an application fee of $50.00. Application fee must be paid in the Business Office prior to the student taking the admission test.
Note: For students arriving from outside Costa Rica, it is required by Costa Rican law that grades from the previous two years and from grade 7 for high school be recognized by the Costa Rican Ministry of Education. Transcripts from other countries must be authenticated by the Costa Rican Consul nearest to the applicant's school, processed by the Ministry of Foreign Relations in Costa Rica, and then presented to the Ministry of Education. Further information on this process will be provided upon acceptance to Country Day School.
Country Day School is committed to diversity. It is a non-sectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission, educational, and employment policies.