CDS is proud of its vibrant parent community and makes special efforts to welcome families new to the school - and often to Costa Rica - and to keep existing families involved in school life.
The CDS Admissions Coordinator, Maria Fernanda Cardona is a key contact for new families and welcomes enquiries at any time.
The Parent Associations offers a warm welcome via our Buddy Families whereby existing CDS families act as ‘buddies’ to help new families settle into the school and wider community. If you would like a buddy and have not been contacted, email firstname.lastname@example.org
New family welcome events
CDS provides a number of formal and informal opportunities for new parents to meet the school administration and other families:
- New Families Orientation day – first and second semester
- Coffee for New Parents/Buddy Families – first and second semester
- New Parents Welcome Evening at the Director's home – first and second semester
- Back to School Night – first semester
- Parent Grade Level Parties – first semester
Parents volunteer as Class or Divisional Representatives and on the PA Executive Committee. They are an excellent source of formal and informal information, do contact them for any questions you may have.